zondag 3 oktober 2010

Working, more or less

It has been a long time after the last entry. Building was going on though.
I was able to get the strength of the harmonics to acceptable values.
All modules are build on the breadboard. I did not want a enclosure because of the price. This radio won't be used a lot due to its limitations (power output frequency range)
I may reconsider this though.

Finally the transceiver worked on the dummy load. I got about 1 watt output. The signal sounded clean. Harmonics suppression was adequate. Then I connected it to the antenna. That caused a lot of problems. At first I thought The PA was oscillating but it wasn't. It turned out had severe RFI. I had to rearrange modules and wiring. Now it seems to be OK. To solve it once and for all I need to build it in a metal case.

I think I will try to find a cheap enclosure to build it in. I may add a S meter and a frequency counter.

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten